Wednesday 22 July 2015

The starting line at Renfrew Library.

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, with a tupperware full of fried rice in my hands courtesy of mom, I decided to make a pit stop at Renfrew public library. As I strolled between the aisles, I noticed that the self-help/counselling section had been moved from the original location.

A few aisles later, I found it. The collection is different now but the main themes are still there....books addressing topics such as grief and loss, relationships between men and women, the challenges and differences in raising boys and girls and fostering self esteem in girls.

THIS library is where I found myself at 6th grade, reading on topics such as those listed above vowing to become a counsellor in the future.

Twenty years later, its becoming a reality. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me achieve this goal and for their continual support.




No comments:

Post a Comment